We will explore ways to use the California Preschool Learning Foundations with the DRDP to provide planned and intentional instruction for children with disabilities during everyday activities.
Come join us for a new kind of webinar—brief, 15-minute "coffee break" webinars with a topic overview followed by a short Q&A session. In our first one we'll review the revised DRDP Information Page for special education and then answer your questions.
When: Thursday, November 19th - 3:00 to 3:15 PM
This fall, early childhood special education programs in California may be providing services in-person, through distance learning, or through a blend of the two. Regardless of the service delivery approach, completing the DRDP is still required.
To help assessors complete the DRDP, a reduced number of DRDP measures will be rated and reported. This set of measures, the “Interim DRDP for Special Education,” must be used by all early childhood special education programs beginning in fall 2020 until further notice.
We urge you to download, read, and keep handy the document titled, “Supplemental Guidance for Special Education on Using the DRDP during the COVID-19 Pandemic.”
This essential document will assist special education assessors in completing the DRDP this fall. It includes a summary of the requirements, key considerations, recommended practices, and more.
Also, be sure to download these other essential resources:
- Interim DRDP for Special Ed/Preschool Information Page and Rating Record
(use with preschool children with IEPs)
- Interim DRDP for Special Ed/Infant-Toddler Information Page and Rating Record
(use with infants and toddlers with IFSPs)
There are a number of changes designed to assist special education assessors to complete the DRDP (2015) in fall 2020. These include:
- Reporting on a smaller set of DRDP (2015) Fundamental View measures during the pandemic. Assessors will complete 20 fewer measures for preschool-age children and 9 fewer measures for infants and toddlers.
- Supplemental guidance and resources to help complete the DRDP (2015) in a variety of service delivery approaches, including distance learning and blended models.
- We are streamlining wherever possible!
Look for more details in early September.
“Using DR Access Reports” Course
The launch of the online course, “Using DR Access Reports,” is postponed until Local Education Agencies resume typical operations. If you have the opportunity, you can create your account at DR Access Reports and become acquainted with the reports and resources available.