DRDP Spring 2020 Assessment Policy Statement for Special Education
In light of school closures due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the California Department of Education, Special Education Division is not requiring the submission of rating records that would have been completed between March 16th and June 30th, 2020.
Programs may choose to continue to use the DRDP (2015) to document and inform children’s learning this spring for their own purposes.
For Service Providers/Assessors
- You should submit any DRDP rating records that were completed prior to March 16th. Do not submit any partially completed rating records.
- Enter these completed records into your local MIS (i.e. SEIS, SIRAS) or DRAccessReports.org.
- Adhere to your local due dates for DRDP data submission as determined by your SELPA.
- Data submission due date will remain the same, July 1, 2020
- Data collection system remains the same: DRAccessData.org
FAQs for SELPA Directors and Data Managers
Do I still need to certify the DRDPs that I submit?
- Yes, please certify the DRDPs that you submit. We understand there will likely be fewer records submitted than under normal circumstances but those submitted still need to be certified.
I have some DRDPs that were completed after March 16th. Do I submit these?
- No, only submit DRDPs that were fully completed before March 16th when the assessors had access to complete the DRDP with the child in person.
- Be sure to filter out any records that were completed after March 16th. If you need technical assistance with filtering your data file, contact us.
I have some DRDPs that were partially completed before March 16th. Do I submit these?
- No, only submit DRDPs that were fully completed before March 16th when the assessor had access to complete the DRDP with the child in person. Do not submit partially completed DRDPs.
Are we allowed to submit DRDPs with any Unable to Rates or should I not submit any of these records?
- Yes, as long as the Unable to Rate option was appropriately used prior to March 16th. In other words, do not use Unable to Rate to complete partially completed DRDPs just to get them completed now.
What if I just fill in Unable to Rate for the measures that were not completed?
- No, do not submit partially completed DRDPs by marking Unable to Rate for any missing measures.
What if an assessor completes the DRDP remotely, should I submit these? Even if the assessor is fully confident the assessment is accurate?
- No, do not submit DRDPs that were completed remotely. You are encouraged however to use these DRDPs for informing your knowledge of the child, but do not submit them to DR Access Data.
What if my SELPA does not have any DRDPs that were fully completed before March 16th, do we still have to submit something? Will we be penalized for not submitting something?
- No, if you do not have any completed DRDPs to submit, your SELPA is not required to submit or certify anything and will not be penalized.
Since I will be submitting fewer DRDPs than I normally would, will our SELPA be penalized for any missing DRDPs?
Our school closed before March 16th. Should I use a different date?
- Yes. Only submit DRDPs that were fully completed before the date your school closed, even if it is earlier than March 16th.
Our school closed after March 16th. Should I use a different date?
- Please contact the DR Access Project at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know if your school closure date was after March 16th. We may be able to make an exception.
|If You Need Support|
DR Access Data
DR Access Reports
DR Access Project